I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keeps thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. ~ Psalm 121:1-4
There’s so much in this life we can start to feel anxious about, even when we know God’s truth and believe that He’s in control. It can still be a daily battle in our hearts, in our minds.
When we just keep looking all around us, we can easily get defeated. Drained. Impatient. Cynical.
We may find ourselves wrestling with worry. Fear might creep in. We lose our focus because we're so distracted on all the things that can never really give us strength and hope anyway.
People won’t ever be the answer for our every need. Money, possessions, or success can’t ever satisfy the void deep inside that only God can fill. This world will never be free of all conflict. The government won’t ever fix all of our problems. It can’t. Because no matter who is President, no matter what we face in this life, God’s still on the throne.
5 Reminders of Hope from Psalm 121:
- "My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." v. 2 He's All-powerful.
- "He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber." v. 3 He won't allow us to fall.
- "The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand." v. 5 He keeps us, safe, in His care.
- "The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul." v. 7 He protects us from "all evil," not some, but "all."
- "The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." v. 8 He watches over us, constantly, His eyes are towards us.